Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket    

Monday, February 6, 2012

Navy Stripes; Backyard Reception! Real wedding feature.

I am loving the sunshine outside and so I decided to feature a summer backyard wedding. This might only make my spring fever worse! Maddie was a total delight to work with! She and her sisters are extremely detail oriented which made working with them even more fun! One of my favorite details of the reception was the homemade arch... so cute!

Here's a little info on the bride (Maddie) and groom (Braiden).

How did you meet?
I first met Braiden when I was 14 years old and he was 18. He is my brother's best friend and I had a crush on him right from the start.

How did he propose?
After my senior cotillion, he surprised me by getting a bunch of friends together and taking me on a scavenger hunt that he said his Mom set up. We went to a lot of different places but the last place he took me to was my Mother's grave. My blanket was set up along with candles, rose petals and a teddy bear dressed up as a bride. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!









 So in love with that bouquet!




















 I absolutely love the homemade fabric flowers on this arch!




More wedding details! 

Where was the location of the wedding and reception? The ceremony was at the Salt Lake temple and the reception was in the backyard of my parent's house.
Where did you get your rings? Braiden gave me my Mother's ring, I got Braiden's from Nancy G. Diamonds LLC. She has amazing prices and meets everyone personally.
Where did you buy your dress? I bought my dress from Gateway Bridal in Salt Lake City.
Where did you get the Groom's apparel? Braiden's suit came from Cleaner Image in Centerville, their prices were awesome and they have a huge selection. The dove gray suits were perfect for our wedding.
Who did your hair and makeup? Melanie Ray did my hair and makeup for my bridals as well as my wedding day and she did it perfectly. She even let me take some makeup with me all day to be able to fix things up. Styleseat.com/melanieray.
Where did you get your cake? Braiden's cousin has a small business you can find at www.sweetandflowers.com. Her name is Brittany and she can do anything you want!
Who designed your flowers? Blooms and Blossoms. Seriously amazing prices and she is so creative and has incredible ideas. She can also make anything possible.
Who did your catering? Jenny Ross did all of our cupcakes that weren't included in the cupcake tower, she has a huge variety as well. Kim Stoker, my stepmother, provided frozen yogurt and toppings from her business Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt.
Who was your photographer? My sister Shannon Garber took my engagements and my bridals and she is absolutely incredible. We were also very lucky to get Jessica Kettle to do my wedding at the Salt Lake Temple and my reception as well. She was so talented and easy to work with!
Who was your DJ? A family friend Joey Hansen, was the DJ at our wedding. He played all the songs we picked as well as added his own awesome taste. Later on, my father and my brother sang to me and I sang to Braiden.
Where did you get your rentals from? Our white chairs were rented from Diamond Rental.

Extra details: The flower arch, the table clothes and the theme of our wedding were made possible by my 4 sisters and some close family friends. All the lights and the tennis court set up was done by my family as well as Braiden's family. My Dad prepped the beautiful backyard all summer and everything turned out great!



No comments:

Post a Comment